Please select your country from the drop down list to view local pricing, payment options, delivery time and shipping costs to your destination address. Item prices may vary. Your country is not on the list? Please contact us.
OUR PRODUCTS ARE MADE FROM PURE AND PRECIOUS ESSENCES OF NORTHERN HERBS, ARCTIC BERRIES AND UNIQUE SEEDS OILS, PACKED WITH POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS, ESSENTIAL OMEGAS, AND STRONG ANTI-AGING ACTIVES.
FEED YOUR SKIN WITH THE BEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS AND YOU WILL SEE IT BALANCED, YOUTHFUL-LOOKING AND RADIANT.
INGREDIENT IN THE SPOTLIGHT
– BIRCH WATER –
WITH THE OUTBREAK OF SPRING, BIRCH TREES ACROSS THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE PREPARE THEMSELVES FOR BLOSSOMING BY RUNNING AN ENERGISING LIQUID - KNOWN AS BIRCH WATER, SAP OR JUICE. THIS TRADITIONAL DETOX DRINK OF NORTHERN CULTURES WAS RECENTLY DISCOVERED TO HAVE POWERFUL ANTI-AGE EFFECTS ON THE SKIN.
WHY DOES BIRCH WATER FLOW AT ALL?
To know more whats behind of the birch water drinking hype we are meeting up with Uldis Kondratovics, associate professor of Biology and Plant Physiology at the University of Latvia, to learn more about this unique process of natural vegetation.
Birch water is a nutritious liquid that birch roots vigorously push into the trunk, moving it upwards to the branches where it finally reaches its destination – the buds. The juicing process is necessary for the tree to ensure intensive growth and regeneration after the freezing winter standstill. It rapidly spreads nutrients across the body of the tree, boosting cell division, leaf unfurling, blossoming, and most of all - growth.
WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?
Birch water flows in regions where temperature fall far below 0 degrees Celsius in winter, like Latvia, Finland, northern regions of Russia. Birch sap is generated by the roots. Roots take water and minerals from the soil, while carbohydrates (sugars) formed in the previous summer by photosynthesis are accumulated and stored in the roots. Besides minerals like potassium, magnesium and calcium, the sap contains a unique blend of amino acids (citrulline, glutamine, glutamic acid, asparagine, isoleucine, phenylalanine), enzymes and natural organic acids (malic acid, succinic acid, citric acid and fumaric acid).
WHEN DOES IT FLOW?
The flow of sap is triggered by rapid temperature changes. Night temperatures should fall below zero but the day should be warm and sunny. The birch tree senses the freezing and thawing of the soil and launches a cascade of natural processes that result in the flowing of sap.
The flow continues for just one to two weeks and the fresh green hue of unfurling buds marks the end of birch water harvest and the onset of spring. The time of the year when birch trees generously share their nutritional sap with us humans is different across the Northern hemisphere. It might be the beginning of April in Latvia or Southern Finland and it can be as late as May in territories closer to the Arctic Circle.
HARVESTING OF BIRCH WATER IS A TRADITION OF NATIONS LIVING IN THE NORDIC REGION. IT IS USED PRIMARILY AS A HEALTH DRINK TO DETOXIFY THE BODY, IMPROVE HEALTH, CLARIFY SKIN AND STRENGTHEN HAIR.
By agreeing to receive commercial notices, you confirm that you are informed that:
1. AS Madara Cosmetics processes your personal data, which you have entered in the registration form, including your geographical location and purchase history for the purpose of offering you the most suitable services and products;
2. In order to send commercial notices various types of profiling is performed, taking into account the information you have provided for the purpose to establish what kind of a commercial notice would be most suitable for you;
3. Your personal data will be processed by us and our business partners, who provide IT structures, email and SMS platforms;
4. You have a right to make rectifications of the entered personal data or revoke your consent to receive the commercial notices at any time;
5. AS Madara Cosmetics will cease sending commercial notices as soon as your request is processed (please note that processing of the request depends on technological capacities to act on your request, which may take up to five days);
6. Your personal data will be processed until you revoke your consent, or, in certain cases, until the necessity to retain evidence of the received consent expires.
Upon registering you confirm that you are informed that:
1. The data you provide will be processed for the following purposes: 1.1. to create and maintain your account in order to conclude a Distance agreement with AS Madara Cosmetics and obtain other related services, including notifications related to the performance of the Distance agreement; 1.2. to compile and retain your purchase history, inter alia, in order to improve the services and products we provide; 1.3. to retain evidence of the concluded Distance agreement;
2. Your personal data will be processed by us and our business partners, who provide delivery services, IT structures, and payment platforms;
3. You have a right to make rectifications to the entered personal data or request deletion of your account at any time;
4. Your personal data will be processed until you delete your account, or the storage period set out by the laws expires, or statute of limitations for bringing an action in court lapses;
5. Failing to provide all information specified in the registration form will prevent you from creating the account and concluding the Distance agreement through it.
Upon registration, you confirm that the entered personal data is true and accurate.